Split Face Diving Accident full Video: Explained

Split Face Diving Accident full Video

A different individual already shared this information, but I stumbled upon a lengthier version (reportedly the one circulating on the Internet) on a blog dating back to 2009. Unfortunately, I couldn’t post it in time. Recently, I came across an even more extended edition that was shared on bestgore about a month ago. Here are both videos. The first video is the lengthiest version, lasting approximately 3 minutes. The second video is said to have gained popularity in 2009.

This incident has been referred to by various titles, including Horrible Diving Accident, Bridge Fail, Worst Diving Accident, Horrific Diving Accident, Awesome Diving Accident, Disgusting Diving Accident, Jump Accident, Cellphone Horrific Diving Accident, and Diving Accident.

In Beirut, Lebanon, a 16-year-old teenager dives off the seaside promenade but slips right before the dive. Consequently, he misses the ocean and instead collides with the concrete slab below where fishermen are located. His face hits the concrete first and then he falls into the ocean. Within a short span, the water surrounding him turns red with blood. People and boats rush to the scene, attempting to help him, while the sound of girls screaming echoes through the air.

The scene transitions to a hospital where a team of doctors and nurses attend to the unfortunate young man. His face has been split vertically, cleanly separating it into two halves.

Remarkably, he remains alive, conscious, and breathing. His tongue moves anxiously, reflecting his evident terror. The doctor gently presses the sides of his face together multiple times, striving to restore a unified appearance. The doctor mutters in Arabic, “Where do I begin?” expressing his uncertainty.

The water in the video has completely turned red, and a rescue team with a boat can be seen. Skeptics who believe the video is fake argue that the water appears excessively red, suggesting that the amount of blood he lost couldn’t have possibly caused such discoloration. When blood mixes with water, the water acts as a medium, allowing the blood to disperse extensively. Consequently, even a small quantity of blood can appear significantly amplified. This is not to undermine the fact that the victim did suffer substantial blood loss, but rather to explain how the water’s color might create an illusion of greater loss.

People are perplexed by how he managed to survive such a catastrophic injury. While the front part of his brain may have sustained damage, it seems to be intact. Regardless, essential functions like breathing are governed by the brain stem, which appears unharmed.

The issue of pain has also raised questions. The brain lacks pain receptors; however, the damage inflicted upon his face must be excruciatingly painful.

The distance from the Manara Promenade to the ocean is quite substantial, exceeding 40 feet. The initial segment of the video showcases his brother successfully executing a dive. The victim and his brother had performed several jumps before without any incidents. Unfortunately, this time the victim slips, and tragedy unfolds.

The footage from this portion was captured using a Nokia cellphone, resulting in a darker image due to the afternoon lighting conditions. A girl present at the scene filmed the segment and can be heard screaming in Arabic, “Oh my God! Oh my God! Someone call the Civil Defense!” Some argue that his friends wouldn’t film him while diving, but the girl filming was merely a bystander capturing footage of the divers. It is quite common for individuals to use their cellphones to film such diving activities.

It’s important to note that this video is not the original footage from Lebanon.

In Lebanon, two videos circulated—the first depicting the diving accident. This video started circulating within Lebanon later on the same day as the accident. The original Lebanese video does not include a fade-out sequence after the impact. Regrettably, the original video from Lebanon is currently unavailable.

The second video was filmed in the hospital and gained popularity at a later time.

The video on my website combines these two different videos.

The second part of the clip features the same young boy in the hospital, but it was recorded using a different cellphone, resulting in a distinct appearance. The hospital staff can be heard speaking Lebanese Arabic. This segment of the clip was captured in the well-lit emergency room of the American University Hospital, located a mere ¼ mile away from the accident site. Hence, the brighter lighting conditions in this section of the clip.

Some argue that a cellphone would not be allowed in an emergency room. However, in the Developing World, it is quite common for family members, friends, and others to be present in the emergency room, close to the patient’s bed, as the medical staff attends to them.

It is also not uncommon for individuals to have their cellphones with them and record the events taking place. While such practices would be unheard of in the United States, in the Arab World, it is considered unremarkable.

Upon observing the footage from the hospital, one can see that the boy is intubated, which is a wise course of action. However, he is not connected to a ventilator, nor are there any visible signs of monitoring equipment such as a pulse oximeter. Additionally, the medical personnel did not employ C-Spine precautions, such as a C-collar or backboard.

The physician focuses on holding his face together, possibly to protect the airway. Critics argue that the doctor is “playing” with the face and assert that no doctor would engage in such behavior. However, I believe the doctor is earnestly attempting to rectify the situation.

Certain medical personnel in the United States claim that the video is fabricated due to the perceived lack of appropriate medical care. It is important to consider that this incident took place in Lebanon. While the medical care provided to the young man is reasonable, it may not represent the highest standard of care.

In this particular case, the best possible care would involve the following steps: inducing a drug-induced coma for a significant portion of the treatment period, conducting thorough examinations of the frontal bone (forehead) to ensure the safety of the brain, maintaining adequate blood supply to the tissues, addressing the airway concerns (which would likely require a tracheotomy for the victim), attempting to preserve his vision, and proceeding with bone fusions and muscle re-attachments to repair the affected areas. Treatment for the skin and soft tissues would be addressed as a final step, likely resulting in a significant scar.

Unfortunately, in this instance, the surgeons could only suture the deep and severe wounds in his face. While some medical professionals online suggest that a skilled ear, nose, and throat specialist might have been able to provide some level of reconstruction, the injuries sustained were ultimately too severe for the young man to be saved. The surgeons could only maintain his life in the intensive care unit for two days before he succumbed to death. The cause of death was attributed to a spinal fracture and severe internal bleeding in the brain.

Following his passing, many people in Beirut generously donated money to support his grieving family.

Click here for Entertainment News

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button